- by Bold Commerce Collaborator
- 04 Dec 2018
Organic Apples & Orange Cake
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 1 cup coconut flower sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp high mineral
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 TBS orange zest
- cup coconut oil
- 1 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch cinnamon (1/4 tsp)
- organic apples
1. Mix together the wet ingredients and add to the dry.
2.Stir until smooth or process in a food processor.
3. Pour into a greased and floured cake pan, preferably lined with wax or parchment/baking paper which makes it easier to un-mold the cake.
4. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean and cake crumles.
5. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes, then slide a thin knife around the edges.
6. Gently remove the cake from the pan and continue cooling on a rack.
~ serve with vegan coconut ice-cream for an indulgent treat!
~ adapted from a recipe by Holy Cow!