- by Bold Commerce Collaborator
- 23 Aug 2019
- 1 C Shredded beetroot
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 Small onion
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Black pepper
- 1 1/2 C Cooked chickpeas/1 can
- 3/4 C Roughly chopped fresh parsley and coriander (I used equal quantities of each)
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 3 Tbsp Chickpea flour
- Peel and put beetroot in a food processor (or grate by hand). Remove beetroot from the food processor into a bowl.
- Pulse minced garlic, onion, spices and salt in the food processor until coarsely chopped. Add in chickpeas and herbs and pulse again, being careful not to process too much, as you want a little texture. Add shredded beetroot and pulse just once or twice to combine. Finally stir in the olive oil and chickpea flour. If your mixture is still a little wet then add another tablespoon of chickpea flour.
- Shape into golf-ball size balls, lay on a lined baking tray and flatten slightly. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping half-way, or until lightly brown and crispy. Serve warm or at room temperature with tahini dipping sauce.
Credits to: Coconut and berries