- by Bold Commerce Collaborator
- 08 Oct 2018
Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
The perfect snack or side dish when you're looking for something "naughty" but nice - a healthy alternative to chicken wings!
Healthy, Nutritious, NO processed sugar, Gluten Free, organic AND yummy!
~ serves 5-6
~ side-dish, snacks
~ perfect served with a small bowl of fresh yogurt or coconut yoghurt and a sprinkle or paprika stirred in.
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/4 cup garbanzo bean flour or all purpose gluten-free flour will also work well
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp garlic powder + 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp high mineral salt (for a smoky flavour use smoked salt - amazing!)
- 3 TBS melted butter or ghee
- 1/2 tsp- 1 tsp paprika (1 tsp for extra spice / for adult version, use less if making for kids)
- 1 TBS honey, coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 1. Preheat oven to 450ºF. In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, water, garlic and onion powder and salt. Whisk together until smooth.
- 2. Toss cauliflower into the "batter", coat each piece, then place battered cauliflower on a lightly greased, nonstick baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until slightly crispy.
- 3. In the meantime, combine melted butter, sweetener of choice and paprika in a large bowl, regularly stirring.
- 4. When cauliflower is done after 15 mins, remove it from the oven and gently toss it in the new butter mixture. You can also use a pastry brush to coat each piece. Place cauliflower back on the baking sheet and cook for an additional 25 - 30 minutes until it becomes crispy. Allow cauliflower to cool - ENJOY!