- 26 Dec 2013
Carrot & Broccoli Terrine
Eat FRESH veggies used in this recipe: organic broccoli and organic carrots.
Carrot & Broccoli Terrine Recipe
- 2 onions, chopped finely
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 200g carrot
- 200g broccoli
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp powder agar (Vegetarian substitution for gelatine, or use gelatine)
- ½ tsp salt
- Pepper, to taste
- Cook the onion in a frying pan with 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add salt after a while to bring out the sweetness and cook until the colour is transparent.
- Take out half of the onion and in the same pan, toss in the sliced carrots and then 1 cup of water, ½ tsp of salt, pepper, and cook until carrots become soft.
- Add the agar and mix to dissolve for a few minutes and set aside to cool. Blend with a mixer, and pour in the tin. Place the remaining onion in the same pan and cook the chopped broccoli the same way as you did with the carrot, cool, and blend with the mixer.
- Layer the broccoli paste on top of the carrot, making sure that the carrot paste has become hard enough.
- Keep in the fridge to serve cold.
- Serve with Tahini sauce if desired.
This entry was posted in on December 26, 2013.