- by Bold Commerce Collaborator
- 07 Aug 2019
For the spicy eaters, here's a perfectly flavored easy cucumber kimchi! 🌿 . A wonderful and crunchier alternative to cabbage kimchi. YUM! 😋
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts only, finely chopped
- 1¼-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 TBS rice vinegar
- 1 TBS Korean chile powder (gochugaru or gochugalu)
- 2 tspsugar
- ½ tsp fish sauce
Cut cucumbers in half lengthwise and then crosswise into ⅛-inch-thick half moons. Place in a medium bowl and mix thoroughly with salt.
Let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, combine garlic, scallions, ginger, vinegar, chile powder, sugar and fish sauce in a medium bowl Drain the cucumbers (discard the liquid).
Stir the cucumbers into the vinegar mixture.
Cover and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours before serving.