- by Bold Commerce Collaborator
- 18 Oct 2018
Lemon Pepper Glazed Cauliflower
Cauliflower awesomeness? YES, please.
Cauliflower is such a versatile veggie, that's why you should always have it on your healthy shopping list!
Thank you Jessica Uy of thefoodietakesflight.com for sharing this amazing creation of yours!
Good for 2-3 people
1 medium head of cauliflower (makes 2 cups of florets)
1/2 cup flour
1 tbsp corn starch
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup water
1 1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup desiccated coconut (or sub more bread crumbs)
1/3 cup lemon juice (from 1 1/2 lemon)
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tsp crushed black pepper
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tbsp cornstarch + 1 tbsp water —For the glaze, mix everything (except the diluted cornstarch) into a sauce pan and cook over low heat for 3-4 minutes until it starts to boil. Turn off heat then pour in the cornstarch and mix until it thickens.
Cooking the cauliflower:
1. In a bowl, mix the ingredients for the batter until it turns into a smooth, thick consistency.
2. Evenly coat the florets in the batter.
3. In another bowl, add in the bread crumbs and desiccated coconut. Mix.
4. Place each cauliflower into the breadcrumb mixture. Coat and press down the bread crumbs on the cauliflower.
5. After coating each one in the batter then bread crumbs, repeat this. Each cauliflower can be coated twice. I find that coating it well really makes the cauliflower crispier!
6. Heat oil in a pan. Once hot, cook the florets until golden brown, moving it around on each side.
7. Set aside on a strainer to drain excess oil.
8. Transfer to a bowl and then pour in the glaze. Enjoy while hot!