- by Bold Commerce Collaborator
- 10 Apr 2019
Organic Beetroot Gnocchi
Hungry yet? 😍 We are already drooling over here!
Thank you to our customer Stefania M. for recreating this special gnocchi recipe featuring our organic beetroot! 🌿
Wow your friends with this eye-catching and delicious creation! YUM!
- 1 medium beetroot
- 1 large potato
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of Parmesan
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 TBS butter
- 6-8 leaves of fresh sage (1/2 TBS of dry sage)
- Cook one medium beet and a large potato by boiling in salted water or roasting in 200 C oven for 45 minutes or until tender with a fork. Let cool and peel. Use gloves for the beet or your hands will stain.
- Transfer the beet to a food processor, along with the egg, 1 C Parmesan, and salt. Puree until completely smooth. Set aside.
- Peel the skin from potato and grate through the small holes of a box grater, or press through a potato ricer, if you have one.
- In a large bowl, combine the potato and the beet mixture. Fold gently to combine, being careful not to over mix.
- Add the flour, ½ cup (60 grams) at a time, and fold until the dough comes together. You may not need to use the full 2 cups.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently until a pliable dough is formed that is tender but not sticky when handled. Divide into 8 portions. Roll a dough portion into a ½-inch (1 ¼ cm) thick rope. Cut the rope into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- If desired, roll each piece of gnocchi over the tines of a fork to create ridges.
- Bring a medium pot of well-salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Working in batches, drop gnocchi into the boiling water and cook until they begin to float. Once they start floating at the surface, let cook for 30 seconds more, then transfer from the water with a slotted spoon to a plate and set aside.
- In a medium pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter until just beginning to bubble. Add 6-8 leaves of fresh sage or 1/2 tablespoon of dry sage and half of the gnocchi, to avoid overcrowding the pan. Sauté for about 1 minute per side until the gnocchi are lightly toasted and well coated with butter and sage. Repeat with the remaining butter, sage, and gnocchi.
- Serve immediately with Parmesan cheese for garnish.