- by Bold Commerce Collaborator
- 01 Mar 2019
Organic Daikon Radish Pad Thai
Going low carb? Try this Organic Radish Pad Thai for a guilt-free delicious and flavourful meal!
Picture credits to: Anya Kassof.
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tablespoon coconut or olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- One 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 stalk lemongrass, very finely chopped (optional)
- 2 to 3 large kale leaves, chopped or torn into bite-sized pieces
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 small daikon radish
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup toasted cashews
- 1 cup basil leaves, torn
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
Combine almond butter with tamarind paste in a medium bowl and mix with a spoon until smooth. Add maple syrup and mix to incorporate. Then add lime juice and soy sauce, whisk until smooth and set aside.
Warm coconut or olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, ginger and lemongrass and sauté for 2 minutes.
Add kale and salt and continue to sauté for another 5 minutes, stirring. Cover and set aside.
Peel and cut daikon radish into noodles with julienne, vegetable peeler, spiral slicer or by hand with a sharp knife.
In a large mixing bowl, combine rice and daikon radish noodles, mung bean sprouts, sautéed kale mixture, cashews, herbs and the dressing. Toss gently to coat. Serve immediately with more lime, garnished with toasted cashews and herbs.